Health care providers operate in an environment that is highly regulated and complex, where issues often arise that require the prompt assistance and guidance of counsel. Navigating the array of healthcare statutes, codes and regulations impacting the delivery of health care services requires attorneys who have demonstrated an in-depth understanding of both the regulatory landscape and the practical application in the daily practice of striving to deliver quality health care. At KBR, we pride ourselves on meeting these needs of our valued clients, including:
- Representing the interests of health care professionals at regulatory, licensing and administrative proceedings, including disciplinary proceedings brought by the OPMC and Office of Professional Discipline;
- Drafting and reviewing health care contracts, including Admission Agreements, Arbitration Agreements, Ancillary Provider Agreements and facility Policies and Procedures;
- Regularly handling employment issues, including discrimination and wrongful termination claims;
- Assisting our clients with criminal, civil and administrative investigations, audits and actions, including OSHA, State Attorney General’s Office Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, Department of Health, and state and federal health care agencies;
- Counseling clients on HIPPA Compliance and related audits as well as the implementation of associated Policies and Procedures;
- Developing and implementing corporate compliance programs, including QA/QAPI;
- Provide legal advice and guidance concerning Survey Certification, including Plans of Correction and appeals;
- Represent health care organizations with Voluntary and Involuntary Discharge Matters and other administrative hearings.
Additionally, our health care attorneys regularly lecture at Bar associations and other professional organizations on a national scale concerning topics related to various regulatory mandates and administrative proceedings.